That would be yours truly here, and I am soooo excited! All this as a part of work, too. Shu-weet! :)
So here's something I would love to hear your guys' opinions about....
To bike, or to run: that is the question
See, there is a really awesome bike ride and a running race on the same day. I can't decide which one to sign up for!
Here's the scoop:
Bicycle Ride: Gold Coast Ride for Literacy
- My first bike "race"!
- Flat and easy 30 miles
- For a good cause
- Chance to meet other cyclists
- Support crew and aid stations
- Traveling needed (about 40 minutes)
- Will be by myself (James doesn't have a bike)
- Will end up costing me more than the running race (but less than $30 more)
- If I can't make a friend to ride with, I might get lonely (but its only 30 miles)
Santa Barbara Chardonnay 10 Miler (website currently down for some odd reason)
Here's a video from 2009
- Route is pretty
- Only ten miles!
- Run with James
- No traveling required
- WINE TASTING post race
- Cheaper than bike ride
- A new race distance
- Route surface not the best for running
- same old, same old
In terms of running, I am still taking a break. I am starting to feel and recognize muscular imbalances in my legs/hips that may be the culprit to my pain. Hopefully I can go see a PT or something, if not, work on stretching and strengthening my hips.
Have a splendid Humpday! Can you believe tomorrow is already April? 2010 is flying by. oh my.