Saturday, June 13, 2009

Marathon, Here I come!

Or so I hope. It seems like every time I think "yes, I CAN do this!" my body starts to hurt, or I get injured, or tired, or what have you, and I lose all confidence in running a marathon. But then I have days like today, where I am SO amped on running, and feel like tackling a marathon won't be all that bad after all.

I'm pretty sure that when all is said and done, I am going to run my first marathon this winter, the inaugural Santa Barbara International Marathon.  This is my fifth year living in Santa B, and I know I would regret it for the rest of my life if I missed out on the chance to run the First Ever marathon in my city. It's like, both the city and I will be popping our Marathon cherries together :)

So I don't know what my future running holds, but all I know is that I want to run! I hope to use this blog not only to track my running and workouts obviously, but as a place where I can reflect and think. I spend more time thinking than talking, and all these thoughts in my head just sit there, mocking me, taunting me, cheering me on, bringing me down, building me up.... and I feel like I just need to release them into words, onto the screen, and out of my reach. I hope that I can record my training ups and downs, both physical and emotional, as I learn to put one foot in front of the other, over and over again, for miles and miles. I'm scared, I'm excited, I'm nervous, and I'm stoked. I just hope to have a blast at the end!

I guess my biggest obstacle right now is that my heart and mind tell me different things. I hope running and writing will help me figure it all out. In both running and in life.

So here are my tales of learning to run. Chocolate Shoestrings. I'm glad shoestrings aren't made out of chocolate, because if they were, i would eat them, and I wouldn't be able to run! :)

 

 

Posted via web from chocolateshoestrings's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails