The word sounds as ugly as it looks. It's just as ugly as my other "least favorite" word: wharf.
Last night's run; my first run in over a week, went well.... except for the phlegm.
I guess I should be grateful that I was able to run at all, without my nose running down my cheek, or collapsing in a fit of coughs... but running with phlegm sure is nasty.
It's like I had a thick wad of phlegm gathering strength and growing in size in the back of my throat with each step I took. No matter how much water I drank, or tried to snot rocket it out, it just sat there, taunting me and threatening to cut my run short.
I won! Victo-reeeeeeee!!!!!!
Take that, you nasty phlegm!
In more serious news, the run was pretty good. I was worried if my legs would remember what to do, if my lungs could handle a sudden rush of air (I've been congested all week, so my lungs were probably not getting enough air the entire time), or if my knees would hold up to the pounding again. But they did. Thank goodness.
I set out with the goal of running 4-5 miles. 2.5 miles in and I was ready to call it quits, so I did what I always do when the running gets tough: play games in my mind. This time, the game was called "guess how many steps it takes to run 0.1 miles?"
(answer: 120-140 steps)
This game took me to 3.5 miles. And I promise, it's a lot more fun than it sounds... oh man, I just gave away to the world how boring I truly am... my "fun" persona cover has been blown...
From there, I realized I was almost home, and then more energy suddenly kicked in. Miles 4.5-5 was a sprint and I was done!! It was a bit slower and tougher than I was hopin' for, but no complaints. It was a good first run back. Time to get back into the swing of things!
In other random news:
- Whole Foods is FINALLLLYYYY opening in my city today. I have been waiting for this day for 4 years. And no, I am not exaggerating.
- I am going to go see the movie Food, Inc tomorrow. I'm so intrigued.
- James and I are running another Half Marathon at the end of the month. This one is going to be just for fun; no racing, just having fun. More details to follow.(hint: there shall be wine)
- My game plan till M-Day (less than two months...yikes!) coming soon as well.
- 16 miler ALL BY MYSELF this weekend.....gahhhhhh!